17.1.10

Application in Process!

So, the details of this post hail back to December 28. It was on this day that I was horrified to learn that the Mexican Secretary of Foreign Relations had already posted the Flemish Community Scholarship for Mexicans. Documents due on February 12. Panic ensues. I ran to my room, checked the interactive PDF one last time and hit submit. 

Then I waited, I waited two whole weeks before contacting KUL, again. The problem? Once you submit your PDF Application, your status on their web-based application procedure should change, enabling you to upload. Mine didn't. Since it was the holidays, I decided to give it two weeks to update. Turns out the system wasn't working too well and a simple e-mail would have solved it. Anyways, they enabled document uploads on my account and that was that. I uploaded all the so-called "core documents", sent physical copies of my "Diploma in Process" & transcript through DHL, and payed the 50€ fee through bank transfer (I e-mailed KBC to make sure the total amount transferred covered any overseas fees. For Mexico, this was 12.5%). 

Two days after sending the documents I got an e-mail confirming they'd been signed for, and a day after that my status changed to "Application in Process", indicating International Admissions had received my on-line form, uploaded documents, physical documents, and payment. So now, we wait. The first night, I dreamt I was rejected. I truly hope this is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment