2.3.10

Application Update

This past thursday was a day of panic, frustration, anger, and finally, relief. It all started when I sent the director of the Marketing program at my university an email concerning my GPA. She replied with "your GPA is 89.69". Wait....what? I'd been applying for jobs and to KU Leuven with a GPA of 83.00, as stated in the online student records I had access to. RAGE ensued. What if this had a hand in the fact that I haven't been able to land a job in 8 months? I got over that quickly and then sent an email to Sarah Blomme at International Admissions, asking her to update my application with the correct GPA. 

This is when I realized my old mantra "everything happens for a reason" was proven once again. Sarah informed me she had gladly updated my GPA but regretted to inform me my TOEFL test was not accepted by KU Leuven, and that I hadn't uploaded proof of payment. That was on February 25. The application deadline was March 1. PANIC ensues. Fortunately, in the back of my head somewhere a distant memory emerged. My TOEFL had been cleared. A quick gmail search led to an email which stated in fact that the program director for the Master of Soc. & Cult. Anthropolgy had approved of my test. Phew.

Proof of payment. I got this from my dad the next day, as well as some shit for "not keeping tabs on my stuff". Never mind the fact that he never sent me the info. So yesterday I got an email from Sarah stating my application was now complete and would be submitted to the Faculty of Social Sciences. Yesterday was March 1. Yesterday was the deadline. Everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment